LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Thursday, January 27, 2011

A Few Of My Favorite Things

I'm really needing to go grocery shopping, but I've got a sick kid, so I'm not sure when that's going to happen next. I'm running out of all of my yummy staples that help me stay on track. Today I thought I would share some of the things that I've tried and liked.

First up we have Light Flat Out Flatbread, these are only 1 pt per piece and make great sandwich wraps and even pizzas! I really love them! Locally I've found them at Winco in the meat department. I'm pretty sure that Walmart carries them too.
Next up is The Laughing Cow cheese wedges. I've tried these in the Light Swiss, Light Queso Freco & Chipotle and the Light Mozzarella, sun dried tomato & basil. All of which are awesome and only 1 pt each! The Swiss variety is easiest to find out here, but some of the smaller stores carry the other flavors. I'm wanting to try the blue cheese kind next!
Another product made by The Laughing Cow that I really love are the Mini Babybel Light cheeses. I love those, they remind me of my childhood and they are only 1 pt each also! They are great to pair with a piece of fruit for a snack. These are found in the deli cheese section of most stores.
I recently won a month supply of PopChips from a blog contest. I'd never heard of them before and was so excited to see that a single serve bag is only 2 pts! They are a great treat to have for the chip lover, that doesn't want to give up chips. I really love the barbeque flavor. They are found in bigger bags at Target locally.
For fresh fruits and vegetables, I really love Bountiful Baskets. Through them I can pay $16.50 to get a ton of fresh produce! I never know what I'll get, but so far I haven't been disappointed in them. If your family eats a lot of fresh produce, it's a good idea to see if they have a pick-up site near you. They go for sale on Monday at noon and then you pick them up the following Saturday.
Another one of my favorites that I've recently discovered are Kellogg's Fiber Plus bars in the Chocolatey Peanut Butter flavor. At only 2 pts each, they really hit the spot when a chocolate craving comes up. I've been out of these for awhile now and I'm so sad. To me they taste like they have caramel in them, which I love! I find these in the granola bar section of most stores.
That's all for now, but I'm sure that I'll find more things that I love as time goes on!

2 comments:

Adelina Priddis said...

those all look really great! I really need to do the bountiful baskets, just have to figure out budgeting first. OH and I LOVE LOVE LOVE the cheese wedges, I discovered those last year, so yummy.

Caprice.is.Mom said...

ohh please do continue to post healthy type of food ideas! My husband is going to start a diet soon. Thanks, Kim!