LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Thursday, January 6, 2011

1/6/11

I had my husband take some before pictures for me yesterday. I didn't even think of doing it before, but I joined a weight loss group, so I needed some before pics. So, this is me, in all of my glory, without any makeup, at 291 lbs. Made sure to wear a short sleeve shirt to show off the extra fat arms... Ugh, I just thought of something. I remember being in High School and a guy told me that I had cute "potato arms" meaning that my arms are so fat that it looks like a potato above my elbow. What the heck? Why would he say some thing like that to me? I didn't take it as a compliment, just because you throw the word "cute" before something bad doesn't make it good. Anyway, here are the pics...
So, that's what almost 300 lbs looks like on a 5 foot 2 inch body. Scary, isn't it?

On a good note, I've met my first goal! I've officially lost 10 pounds! It's only been six days so far and I'm so happy about that! I can't wait to get to my next goal of 20 pounds! Yesterday I pledged to lose 50 lbs by May 31st on the biggest loser website. They are donating food to a food bank of my choice, which is the Idaho food bank, pound for pound of what I pledged. So, 50 lbs of food will be donated to people who need it, all because I'm going to lose 50 lbs, pretty good!! I think that's a nice motivation for me too, I have to remember that they have committed to donating the food, and I have to commit to losing the weight.

I was kind of worried about yesterday because I ate a lot of dinner. I was pretty hungry, so I piled my plate pretty high. I tried to take more of the veggies then anything else, but I guess the pure volume of food was messing with my head. I felt a bit bad after I ate it all. But, I was good and didn't eat any of the treats that were brought to a church activity last night. Although they were super cute! I just stuck with a cup of water. Much better for my butt. :)

Well, six days down, ten pounds of flubber gone, on to day seven....

3 comments:

Adelina Priddis said...

Kim You're doing awesome!!! Keep it up!

American Homemaker said...

I'm 5'2 as well :) And you're doing great!!!

G Mathew Bass said...

Kim,

Keep up the good work! Elizabeth and I have walked your path (and we are still walking it!). Good for you for wanting to get healthy!