LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

1/4/11

Weighed in again this morning and I'm down another pound. So, I'm down to 293! I can't wait to get out of the 290s! And by the rate that I'm going that might just be next week! I know that I'll lose a good amount this first week, but then it will cool down to a pound or two a week. Which I'm okay with, but I'd much rather lose closer to the 2-3 pound a week range. I'd like to lose about 10 pounds a month. That way, at the end of the year mark I'll be down a good 100+ pounds! So, my goals are in ten pound increments, hoping for that to be met monthly.

Thinking back on my eating habits I'm really ashamed of how bad they really were. Why on earth would I think that it's okay to be eating such things everyday. I mean, a typical day for me would be like this:

Breakfast~ 2 or 3 eggs, sausage or bacon (at least a couple of pieces) hash browns cooked in butter & toast with butter, sometimes two pieces. Hello? What the crap am I thinking that that is an okay thing to eat for breakfast every morning? No wonder I have a 5 year old son that is close to 80 lbs! Oh, and I need add in the dessert that I seem to think that I need to have after every meal, so add in a cookie to that breakfast too.

Snack~ (which if you were to ask me if I snacked, I would probably tell you that I didn't, because I mindlessly snacked on things all day long) handful or two or three of chips or crackers, not healthy crackers though, more like chicken in a biscuit crackers, do you have any idea how bad those are for you!?

Lunch~ Mac & Cheese, hot dogs, chips, maybe a piece of fruit. Typically, whatever the kids eat is what I'd eat. Something easy that I know that they would eat. But really, why should my kids eat like that?!

Snack~ a few cookies

Dinner~ Meatloaf, mashed potatoes, gravy, peas, bread with butter. Things that are heavy and fat laden. I'm sure I'll still eat things similar to this, but made healthier.

Dessert~ cheesecake with milk and maybe another slice if I felt like it.

So, there you go. This would be a typical day of what I would have eaten. No wonder I weigh so dang much! I'm pretty ashamed to come out and tell everyone in the world that I ate so horribly, and this was only a couple of days ago! Not to mention how much worse it was during the holidays with all of the candies and treats that I was making! Yeah, these things taste good, but they surely aren't good for me! And I'm not saying that I will never eat these things again, but they can for sure be made healthier and I can for sure eat less of them.

Well, I guess what matters most is that I'm taking the steps to not eat so unhealthy any longer. I need to go to the store today and stock up on fruits and veggies, something that has kind of been nonexistent in my diet lately. Not on purpose or anything, I just don't have much in my house right now.

Three days down, seven pounds gone, on to day four!

No comments: