LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Thursday, July 5, 2012

Random Thoughts

I walked this morning for the first time since Saturday when I got an enormous blister on the bottom of my foot after walking for 4 miles with really thin socks on.  I couldn't really walk for two days after that.  Ouch!  Then my foot was feeling better but I had sick kids.  I tried to go out yesterday, but the baby woke up right before my alarm was set to go off and she had a fever and needed her mama.  She seems to be feeling a bit better today.  I was able to get in 2 miles this morning.  I got some gel inserts for my shoes the other day, but my feet aren't used to them or something and they make my feet hurt.  So, I'm not sure if they are really what I needed.  I really just probably need to fork over the big bucks to get some better walking shoes.  Who knows when that will be able to happen though.  Something always comes up that needs money (most recently a car needing to be fixed after being stranded 40 miles from home)! 

My eating has been really good.  Sticking to my low carb way of eating without much effort, not cheating at all.  But, the scale hasn't moved much since that 5 lb loss last week.  I was actually back up 2 lbs and then back to the 276 and then yesterday I was down to 275 and then this morning I'm back to 276.  So, I guess my body is trying to readjust after that big loss last week.  I'm not really liking it though!!  I guess I still have 4 days until I have to weigh in and things could change a lot by then. I'm hoping they do at least, in my favor. 

I haven't been able to look into the Zumba classes yet because I've had sick kiddos.  Maybe I'll be able to do that soon though.  We have a birthday party that had to be rescheduled for this Saturday since the birthday boy was sick on his real birthday on Monday.  Hopefully everyone stays feeling well so we don't have to cancel it yet again.  That would really stink!! 

I think I might start sharing recipes that I like on here.  That way I can keep track of the ones that I've tried and liked.  And maybe give people some suggestions of good things to eat while on low carb.  I think that variety in the diet is the key to success.  Not getting bored of eating the same things over and over again.  Because then you just want to give up!  Which, if you are eating a variety of delicious things, shouldn't even happen.  So, I'll probably start sharing some good recipes.  I also have my pinterest low carb board that has lots of good looking low carb recipes.  yum!

Oh!!  I saw this picture on pinterest the other day and had to pin it.
This picture is of a 250 lb woman and a 120 lb woman.  Just look at all that horribleness on the 250 lb woman's body!  Look at her insides, how much bigger they are than the 120 lb woman.  But also look at her muscles, underneath all that fat, they almost look the same.  Almost.  I know I probably won't ever be 120 lbs, and I'm currently over 250 lbs, but this is a good reminder!  Something to keep looking at as a reminder of what I don't want my body to look like, not only on the outside, but on the insides too. 

No comments: