LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Thursday, July 5, 2012

Jalapeno Popper Chicken

Yum!!  I made this delicious chicken for dinner tonight.  I was so excited to eat it that I completely forgot that I had made a huge salad and had put it in the fridge.  I remembered after I ate and wasn't hungry for anything else, so I guess I'll save the salad for tomorrow.

I got this recipe from Low Carb Layla  I did change a few things though, which I'll note in the recipe below.  I highly recommend this chicken and it was great served with low carb tortilla chips made by frying a low carb tortilla in oil and then sprinkling with salt and some homemade guacamole and sour cream.  Yum!  If you're even thinking of doing low carb, don't hesitate!  This is what I get to eat while losing weight!  I don't feel deprived at all!!

Jalapeno Popper Chicken
 3.5 carbs per serving


3 chicken breasts seasoned with:
Goya Adobo con Cumino (or cumin if you don't have this)
chili powder 

season salt

2 cloves garlic, minced
3 jalapenos, seeded and chopped (I used pickled because that's what I had on hand)
4 oz full fat cream cheese
3/4 cup chicken broth
3 slices of bacon, chopped
1 TBSP chopped fresh cilantro (plus more to garnish)
3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese

2 TBSP heavy cream

Heat oven to 350 degrees.
Pan fry the bacon until crisp.  Remove the bacon with a slotted spoon but leave grease.  Sprinkle goya adobo, chili powder and season salt on each side of chicken breasts and pan fry in the bacon grease until browned on each side.  Remove chicken and place on a greased baking dish, continue cooking in oven until cooked through. While the chicken is cooking in the oven, cook the chopped jalapeno and garlic in the same pan the chicken was browned in and cook for approximately 2 minutes over medium heat.  Add chicken broth, scraping and deglazing the pan.  Add cream cheese and stir in until melted.  Add shredded cheddar and stir until melted.  Add in the heavy cream and stir until thickened, this could take up to five minutes.  Add bacon crumbles and cilantro, stirring through for a minute or so.  Spoon sauce over cooked chicken.  Garnish with extra bacon, cilantro and jalapenos if desired.

1 comment:

Purabi Naha said...

This looks absolutely delicious, can't wait to try this recipe, Kim!