LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Monday, June 25, 2012

Just Keep Walking, Just Keep Walking....

Walking, walking, walking.....  I feel like Dory from Finding Nemo, but instead of swimming, I'm walking.  :)  I started walking last Tuesday.  I started with a little over a mile and just today I walked a little over 3.5 miles.  Sunday is my day of rest, but I felt so lazy yesterday not walking.  I'm really enjoying walking and getting in that exercise that my body needs so badly.  It feels good to use some muscles that haven't been used much in the past.  I don't walk fast, but everyday I've been pushing myself a little harder to go a little farther.  Hopefully soon I'll be able to start walking a little faster. I've got a walking buddy too.  It's nice to have someone to keep me accountable.  I can't just sleep in and skip the walking because I know I have someone waiting for me.  Although I do feel like I'm holding her back a little since I walk kind of slow, she doesn't seem to mind, which is very nice!  When she asked if she could join, I told her that as long as she walks my pace, then she was more than welcome to join.  It is nice to have the company.

The weight loss is going good.  I lost another 2 pounds this week, so I'm down to 281 right now.  I was really wishing I'd be down to 279 today, but I'll take the 2 pound loss.  :)  Maybe I'll get to 279 for next week's weigh-in.

I'm really excited about my goal of getting down or below 200 lbs for my birthday next year.  That is really pushing me even harder.  It gives me something to look forward to.  Something to strive for and try harder to attain.  I've got 8 months and 11 days, 257 days all together until that goal.  If I lose 10 lbs a month, then I should be right on track to reaching that goal.  I'll have to push myself pretty hard, but I think it's reachable.  I'm on the right track so far!  I started low carb May 6, so two months will be July 6, and I'm sure I'll be down 10 lbs for my second month.

So, my mini goal for this week is to lose another 2 pounds and to keep walking everyday this week, except for Sunday.  :)

1 comment:

Melodee said...

Way to go:) its so hard to stay motivated..we need to motivate each other:)