LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Monday, June 18, 2012

Goals

I want to set some goals for myself, and I thought today would be a good day to do that.  My long term goal, is to lose 150 lbs.  When I talk about the weight I've lost, I'm talking about since the very beginning, when I weighed 300 lbs.  So, I ultimately would like to weigh 150 lbs.  Now, I have never weighed that much.  I remember weighing 200 lbs when I was 12, so who knows how young I was when I last weighed 150 lbs.  So, I don't know what I'll look like at that weight, and honestly, I might think that I'm too skinny at that weight.  So, for now that is my goal, I might change it when I get closer to that weight.  I might want to be 170, or I might want to be 130, I really don't know yet. 

A shorter term goal that I'd like to make for myself is to be under 200 lbs by my 30th birthday on March 8, 2013.  At my weigh-in this morning I'm now at 283, I lost 4 lbs since last week!!  So, I would like to lose 84 lbs in 263 days, or 8 months and 18 days.  I think I can do it! 

An even shorter term goal that I'd like to make for myself is to be able to fit into the six or seven pairs of size 22 jeans that I have in my closet.  I'm currently a size 24, even when I weighed 300 lbs I was wearing a 24.  I go down in sizes VERY slowly, unfortunately, so I'm not sure what weight I'll be when I can get comfortably into those pants.  When I was in high school, I had lost a bit of weight, and was down to about 230 and was wearing a size 20, but now that I've had kids, my body is different.  So, it's a guessing game for me when I'll go down in sizes or what I'll weigh when I'm at those sizes.

So, those are my goals for right now.  I'm sure it will take probably two or more years to get to my final goal, but having smaller goals is always a good way to stay on track.   

No comments: