LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Eat Like A King

My friend Hannah left me a comment on here about a different approach to "dieting". Eat like a king for breakfast, a prince for lunch, a pauper for dinner.

Essentially, one would eat a big breakfast with protein and fruit, a medium lunch with lots of veggies and a very small dinner. I think I'm going to try it out. I hadn't really decided what I was going to be doing this go around. I was thinking of going the smoothie route in the morning, followed by a sensible lunch and a normal dinner. But, when I do things like that I notice that I'm STARVING throughout the day and I end up eating more because of it. And, I really don't want to count points or calories or anything really. I'm kind of over that. I just want to eat without doing math. :) So, why not try this approach for a bit and see how it goes? I'm starting today, so we'll see if I'm not as hungry as normal.

Yesterday I didn't do the king, prince pauper thing and I noticed that I was hungry all day . I ate a packet of oatmeal in the morning, then some cutie oranges for a snack. Then for lunch I had some turkey rice soup and a couple crackers. Then I was still hungry at like 1pm, so I made a couple of tortilla wraps that I shared with my kids. Then I ate dinner, which was potatoes with kielbasa and then some cabbage and bread. And I ate a cupcake after dinner. But, I was hungry all day until dinner, and I ate way too much at dinner time. Lately I've been on a cupcake making kick. Which I find to be a lot of fun, and I try to give away most of the cupcakes that I make, but I still end up eating a few of them. You have to taste what you create, right? I don't really want to stop making cupcakes, because I really enjoy making them and seeing what combos turn out well and if I can create something as good as a cupcake bakery. And, it's not like I'm making cupcakes everyday, just every now and then.

I'm rambling. Anyway, today I'm starting fresh with the eat like a king "diet". I hope this will be my key to success. We shall see.

1 comment:

Hannah said...

Oooh, I'm so excited to hear how it goes!!! Read more about it online, there are some other "rules" to it, like when you can eat carbs and sugars, and don't eat within 2 hours of bedtime, oh and eat right when you get up (kick starts your metabolism) etc... I tried it for a couple weeks, and I did lose weight. My problem is late night cravings are very hard for me to overcome.