LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

I need a little help

I'm having major issues with staying on track. Which, is something that I talked about the other day. I was hoping to just get right back into the swing of things, but it's been really hard. I'm having issues with sweets mostly. And eating things until the point of being sick. I don't really want to do that to myself, but I do have a food addiction. My brain has a hard time knowing when to stop. This might sound really stupid to most people that don't abuse food, and I understand that. But, let's compare it to an alcoholic. They know that alcohol isn't good for them, but they just continue drinking, not because they really want to, but because their brain tells them that they need it. And, it tastes good, gives them that temporary high, and that makes them continue drinking more and more. So, that's how some foods are for me. The hard thing with food is that I just can't completely get rid of it and be done. I HAVE to eat everyday, multiple times a day. So, in a sense, a food addiction is probably one of the hardest to get under control. I've been lucky enough to never have issues with drugs or alcohol, since none of those things have ever even entered my body. But, food is my drug. Candy is my drug. Cookies are my drug. Peanut butter is my drug, especially when mixed with chocolate.

I might just be a little hormonal right now, since it's almost that time of the month for me. But, that's just how I'm feeling right now. A little overwhelmed. A little out of control. Just overall blah... I'm thinking that I need a bit more support, so I'm thinking that I want to start going to weight watchers meetings and start following the new points plus plan. That will give me even another source of accountability. And it will give me a lot more support. Not to mention it will boost my motivation. So, I think I want to start that. Now to just get my husband to get on board with letting me do that. I did received a nice card in the mail today along with a gift of money that will cover the cost of the first month and part of the second month. So, I think that is how I'd like to use that gift.

Maybe I'll try and get to a meeting tomorrow evening.....

2 comments:

Melodee said...

I hear ya! Weightloss is so hard i eat when i am bored so i have to watch but sometimes i dont even realize what i am doing. It takes so much for me to loose weight my body fights to keep every pound:)

Dawnette and Mark Coltrin said...

Kim! I love you so much and it kills me that you are having a hard time with this... because I feel I can't do anything... UGH! You're braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think!!!!! -Christoper Robin

Don't give up and keep doing what you need to do!!!